Thursday, October 20, 2011

It is getting close!!

I leave in a little over 2 weeks!!

My wonderful dad bought mom a ticket to help me move up there! We leave DFW on November 5, 2011 at 5:30 a.m., have a layover in Chicago, and then arrive in Anchorage around 2p.m. We are staying the night at the Millennium Alaskan Hotel in Anchorage that night and we are going to secure a car and go shopping for some winter clothes and apartment essentials. I am so glad she is going! I know that dad bought her plane ticket for her birthday but it is even more of a present to me!! This move would be extra hard if I had to go alone. On Sunday (November 6, 2011), mom and I are going to drive 4 hours south to my new town, Homer, Ak! She is staying with me until Thursday (November 10, 2011) and then I am driving her back to Anchorage.

More good news: Amy Still is flying up and spending Thanksgiving with me!! I am so very lucky to have people in my life who care enough about me to come all the way to Alaska for me! She is coming the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and staying until the Monday after! I am so excited!!

I have 7 more days left of work and I am trying to stay motivated but it is very difficult. Mom and Dad are in Las Vegas right now and I am left home with a mountain of cases to close! Something is not right about that...

The weather is gorgeous in Texas right now (in the 60-70s during the day). I think Texas is trying to convince me to stay! Also the Texas Rangers just won game two of the World Series!!! We are now tied with the Cardinals!! I need to see my team win the World Series before I leave! GO RANGERS!

Love, Lauren





 

1 comment: