Saturday, October 22, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!!

Today is my mama's birthday!! Mom and dad started off her b-day in Las Vegas and then got back to Texas around 1p.m. Garrett and I spent most of the morning making these...
Yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies with not so homemade cream cheese filling. My mom would probably trade me for a giant chocolate chip cookie so we decided to make these instead of a cake. Mom and dad got home and brought these funny looking glasses which I of course put on Sophie

 I am so lucky that my sweet pup is a good sport! I am glad my roommates are home! I made the mistake of watching two episodes of the American Horror Story on FX two nights ago before going to bed and now this house creeps me out. Garrett is home for mom's birthday and we have been hanging out together most of the day. I am just trying to soak up as much time with my family and friends before my journey. Ashley, Samantha, Courtney, and I went to eat last night and Courtney and I are going to Worldfest in Addison after church tomorrow. There are times when I am constantly around those I love that I think "What the heck am I doing moving so far away??" but I know that God put this opportunity in my life for a reason and I intend on exploring it!! In two weeks my mom, Sophie, and I will be in Anchorage!! The weather calls for snow flurries today in Homer!

Til we meet again...

3 comments:

  1. Those cookies look amazing! Post the recipe! Snow flurries in Anchorage...I think they are calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the cookies, follow this recipe http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18476/Original-NESTL%C3%89-TOLL-HOUSE-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/detail.aspx and then I bought the Duncan Hines whipped cream cheese icing and the cookies were perfect!! They are just like what you can get at cookie places in malls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My birthday cookies were fantastic!!! Thank you so much sweetheart for making my day so special! I love you more than words can say!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete