Friday, December 23, 2011

Leave it to me....

Leave it to me to add unnecessary drama to an already stressful day!! Here is how my morning played out...

I woke up this morning and thought "Man, how did I wake up before my 5 a.m. alarm went off??" Then I checked my phone and it was 7:05 a.m.!!!! Please know that my first flight was leaving Homer at 7:30a.m.!!!! I immediately started freaking out! I called the Homer Airport as I was frantically throwing clothes on and pleaded with them to hold the plane and she said that if I can get here by 7:30 that they would. Looking back on it now, it was truly an act of God that I was able to finishing getting dressed, take Sophie out to go to the bathroom, load Sophie's kennel and my suitcases in the car, turn everything off in my apartment, and speed to the airport and make it there by 7:27 a.m.!! I was sitting on the plane by 7:35 a.m.!! Incredible!! Luckily for me, there is no security check at the Homer Airport and the flight only consisted of about 8 people. Thankfully, Sophie and I landed in Anchorage and I was able to recheck her through to Dallas and I was able to grab some breakfast before my flight to Seattle. I am currently flying to Seattle right now and I am enjoying inflight WIFI! Oh the technology of today!I should have about a 3 and half hour layover in Seattle and then I am homeward bound!

All in all, I am so excited to come home for this break!! I can't wait to see everyone and relax and enjoy the holidays! Maybe it will finally start feeling like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment