Sunday, December 4, 2011

1st week in Anchorage!

Well I have been in Anchorage for a week and I still have another week to go! Training was so boring but I think that is because I was learning about what I have already been doing for the past year and a half. When we start learning about on-going casework, then I will be all ears! I am staying at the Millennium Alaskan Hotel (the hotel mom and I stayed at during our first night here) and it is nice! I don't mind staying here for two weeks. What's not to love... your bed is made daily, room service, and a giant king size bed. I have decided that a king size bed is perfect when you are single because there is always a cool spot to roll to. Sophie has been great at the hotel. She particularly loves the couch.
  

Amy left on Monday night/Tuesday morning on a redeye to Houston. We had a great time!! I am soooooooo glad she came to visit me and will always be grateful that I did not have to spend Thanksgiving weekend alone!! 
My giraffe friend

We were comparing out braids one night

Sophie loves Amy Still

On that note, I come home in 20 days!! I have one more week of training and then I am in Homer for about a week and a half and then I am homeward bound! It has been so nice to do some Christmas shopping while in the big city!! 


I got my car fixed by Hertz on Monday (thank you Amy for helping with that) and it was a faulty starter and bad battery. But, sadly, I was in a car accident on Wednesday :(. I was driving and a lady changed lanes right into the passenger side of my car!! Luckily no one was hurt but my poor red Escape! I have been assured by her insurance company that the damage will be repaired thankfully! 



I know the damage isn't bad but I don't even technically own the car yet and it has already been in the shop and has been in a wreck! Both not my fault, may I add! Dumb Simon luck! I still am in love with this car by the way!

The weather has been weird the past couple days. When I got back to the hotel tonight (at 11:30 p.m.) it was 40 degrees and raining hard. It is so weird for it to be raining and for there to be snow on the ground. I got a message from April tonight saying that all the snow in Homer has melted. So weird since when I left is was in the teens and there was a lot of snow!! Hope it doesn't make the roads super slick!

I found out that the first week that I can officially start taking cases is the last week of January and April and I have a trip planned to go do home visits in Unalaska, Ak! I am so excited!
A is where Homer, AK is and B is where Unalaska, AK is. Now that I joined the team, we will be covering cases in Unalaska. April and I will be out there for 3 days in January! I'll keep you updated on what it is like out there!! 

Night everyone, more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Nooo I'm so sorry to hear about the Escape!! That SUCKS, Lauren! I'm so happy you're coming home in 20 days, and I had such a great time with you! Those pictures, though...wow. Haha! :) Take care, enjoy your last week in Anchorage!

    ReplyDelete