So who is not at all surprised that while my friend is in town that the car that I do not officially even own yet but have had in my possession for about 3 weeks decided not to start yesterday?? NOT ME!! Long story short, after getting a tow truck to haul my red beast to he only open auto shop and having them look at it, it turns out that I have a faulty starter and my battery is bad. Only problem is that the closest starter is in Anchorage. Luckily, Amy and I have plans to drive to Anchorage today!! So lets cross our fingers that we make it there with no problems! Thank God that I am still under a 60 day warranty with Hertz!! I thought you didn't have to worry about car problems for a while when you had a newer car!!
So anyway, our plan is to hit the road sometime this morning with a car full and Sophie in tow. We are going to pick up the best sandwiches at Odie's Deli in Soldotna (cashew chicken salad--yummm) and thenm make our way to the big city. I have to stay there for 2 whole weeks for training and Amy flies out late Monday night. Her trip here has just flown by too fast and I am going to miss her hanging around with me! I am excited to be in Alaska's land of milk and honey though so that I can do a lot of shopping (for Christmas and for me!!). I have never had to pack 2 weeks worth of clothes before!! I better go attempt it... this is going to be bad, I am a chronic overpacker!
Odie's Deli FAIL! Sad times! I love you, Lauren! I'm glad you live in Homer...Anchorage is too cold, haha!
ReplyDelete