Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

So today is a day of mixed emotions.

I am so sad that I was not able to spend this day with my family, stuffing my face with turkey and 3 layer roasted pecan cake. I love this holiday and i think what is the hardest part about not being home this weekend is not being home tomorrow. More than Thanksgiving, I love the Friday after. Black Friday shopping and Christmas decorating day! It is a day rich in tradition for the ol' Simon family! However I am in Alaska and the nearest Walmart is over an hour away!

But all in all, today was a great day! I woke up in Soldotna and had a wonderful friend to greet Thanksgiving with me, I was able to skype my family twice, went to one of my new favorite stores (Fred Meyer), made chocolate oreo truffles, went to a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for the displaced members of Homer, ate til I was not able to breathe, and now I am about to get a good night's sleep! There is so much to be thankful for and although I would have given anything to be in the presence of my family today, I feel blessed. Thank you to my family for keeping me there in spirit and thank you to Amy Still for making the journey out here to visit me! If it weren't for you, I would probably have spent Thanksgiving in bed watching movies and that would have just been sad! I love you all and I can't wait to see you at Christmas!! One month to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment