Well, sadly, I put my mom on a flight back to Texas late last night and I am about to head back to Homer with Sophie! Mom and I met my coworkers yesterday and saw my new office! There were so nice, warm, and welcoming!! I am excited to start my new job!! Then we drove up to Anchorage and spent the last part of the day doing a little shopping and had a great dinner at Outback. The only chain restaurants in Homer are McDonalds and Subway so we decided to eat somewhere familiar. Mom booked me a night at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for the night and unfortunately we had to board Sophie here in Anchorage.
Thank you mama for coming out here with me and helping me get settled. It would have been so difficult to do all that we did without you and it definitely would not have been as fun! I love you so much and thank you for your support and abundant picture taking skills :)
Thank you dad for sending mom with me. I wish you could have come along but you will get to see Alaska in all her glory in the summer! Thank you for knowing the hearts of the women you love and knowing that both my heart and mom's heart would have been unsettled if she had not accompanied my out here. I love you so much and thank you for your support in all of this. I wouldn't have a car, almost internet, and the assurance of a block heater without you!!
So I am about to go pick up Sophie and some breakfast and these two girls are taking the long, winding road to Homer, AK! Happy Veterans Day!

awww so sweet :)
ReplyDelete